At its core, the project steering committee is a governing device used to organize key project stakeholders and empower them to "steer" a project (or group of projects) to a successful conclusion.
Unfortunately, these days it appears anyone and everyone is included in a steering committee and often has little to no experience in leading, chairing, or contributing to one. We find members spend more time talking or reading packs than actually making decisions that can help their organisation develop and transform.
This workshop will help you effectively and efficiently establish the right foundations for strong steering committees and good record-keeping for audit-ability. It will help showcase the right way to run the steering committee for maximum value.
Objective: Specifically designed to help educate and inform on the importance of Steering Committees, their purpose, objectives, and how to do it well so that you can help your Projects increase their speed and their chances of success.
AMO Workshop Outcomes:
- Defining the terms of reference and charter
- Select and assign roles in the committee
- Good record-keeping for audit-ability
- Defining the vision and mission
- How Project Managers will engage with the committee
- Agenda development and minutes
- Time-saving techniques for maximum productivity
- Delivered by Project Management Experts with experience across all aspects of Project Management
Audience: Designed for anyone establishing, leading or participating in steering committees.