Everyone wants agility, but we often have different understandings of what it means (what is required, what the outcomes are, and what the effects are). PMOs are not Agile in nature; they are often reactively driven by the needs of senior management. Their ability to pivot to the changing environment around them is often difficult, to say the least.
Organisations all over the world are implementing Agile as the new way to deliver. This is both to improve their responsiveness to new business needs and to give them a competitive advantage. However, organisations often fail to achieve these outcomes.
As a PMO to do you want to have the ability to pivot to the changing environment? Ensuring you learn the ability to adapt to the evolution of delivery. The PMO plays a crucial role in supporting agile teams. They can play a key role in enabling agile teams to execute faster.
During this live workshop, you will get practical, immediately applicable techniques for improving your PMO so that you can achieve much greater results than you may be achieving today. We will look at using more of an Agile approach focused on solving problems using innovation, collaboration, and creativity to bring stakeholders on the journey.
- Understand the difference between Agile methods
- Understanding the importance of business agility and agile governance techniques
Understanding the importance of business agility and agile governance techniques
Understand the problems PMOs face today
Learn how to address PMO specific problems with agility
How to act as a bridge between strategy, delivery, and operations
Learn how to play a crucial role in supporting agile projects / agile teams and what support looks like
Understanding the importance of Agile governance techniques and how they differ in agile environments
Learn the practical application of agile techniques to the PMO
- Series of facilitator-led sessions (16 hours contact time)
- Variety of facilitators covering practice, theory, and mindset based on current and practical experiences in Project Management, Agile and PMO over 20 years
- Digital Badge upon completion
- Certificate of completion upon assessment completion
- Weekly Q&A Coaching Sessions to solve real challenges
- Digital eBook
- Access to a digital toolkit
- Agile in the PMO Checklists
- Co-design a PMO playbook
- Delivered by Industry Expert & Australia's PMO Influencer of the Year
Objective: Understand how agility can be implemented into Project/Program/Portfolio Management Offices to improve their effectiveness. Learn how they play a crucial role in supporting agile teams and what support looks like. Helping you evolve your ways of working.
Audience: Designed for anyone working within a PMO or Project Support function or anyone aspiring to be part of one. The workshop is especially valuable for team members who are undertaking more governance in their roles and need to understand business agility better.
Note: This is a live facilitator-led online workshop series.